View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Minoru's Chatiest Chat Chatty Thread 
Former Crew

Post Minoru's Chatiest Chat Chatty Thread
Well hello there! How is everybody doing on this most spectacularly, fantastic day?! :P

USS Minoru, NCC-64306

David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Former Crew

Post Re: Minoru's Chatiest Chat Chatty Thread
So, umm, with 5 players on board the Minoru I'm curious as to why there isn't more OOC interaction amongst ourselves? The IC theater-of-play is extremely important and certainly why we've elected to participate in the online RPG universe, but equally matched is that of the OOC relationships we formulate with one another. I seem to be one of the only individuals interested in fostering this type of relationship and certainly want to get to know each of you quite a bit better. Are any of you interested, too?! :)

USS Minoru, NCC-64306

David Richards

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff

I can't speak for everyone,but personally I'm pretty busy at the moment- I move across the state on Wednesday- so I'm checking the board for new posts and then leaving.

Also, I think I'll be more willing to put more time into OOC interaction once we get our sixth member and the IC action picks up. I'm sure that will happen, but I'm hesitant to try to find a balance now when we aren't at full capacity. (Selfishly, I really hope the next character is female. I'm perfectly capable of interacting with a bunch of guys- and so is Minerva, for slightly different reasons- but more of a gender differential would make room for more complicated storylines.)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 am
Former Crew

Minerva Conway wrote:
I can't speak for everyone,but personally I'm pretty busy at the moment- I move across the state on Wednesday- so I'm checking the board for new posts and then leaving.

Also, I think I'll be more willing to put more time into OOC interaction once we get our sixth member and the IC action picks up. I'm sure that will happen, but I'm hesitant to try to find a balance now when we aren't at full capacity. (Selfishly, I really hope the next character is female. I'm perfectly capable of interacting with a bunch of guys- and so is Minerva, for slightly different reasons- but more of a gender differential would make room for more complicated storylines.)

Oh my word! I can completely understand exactly where you're coming from now; trust me, I empathize with the metaphorical pain of moving across the state and all of the good and bad stress that can accompany an interstate relocation. I hope everything goes well with the move and that you find a bit of time to rest and relax while settling in and unpacking. I can also understand about holding us all at arms length until we've secured that sixth player; it's difficult to completely invest yourself in an RPG that isn't quite there yet (specifically in regards to activity requirements/levels). However, if I could be so bold as to say that there are a lot of prospective players that actually judge an RPG not only on the IC contributions, but also the OOC interactions. If they see a bunch of players that have started to come together and form a tight-nit community (regardless of how many players there actually are), they are more likely to apply. I, for example, look at both aspects very closely before applying to an RPG; the Minoru, however, was unique in the sense that she was starting from ground zero, so both aspects were only just getting started. I was more drawn to the RPG for two different reasons; (1.) the website and (2.) because she's an Akira-class. :-P So, my reasons were slightly different.

Oh well, perhaps I just have a very unique perspective on the OOC community aspect of an RPG. :D

USS Minoru, NCC-64306

David Richards

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff

I'll try to be a bit more chatty here but most days I'm buried in JPs!
(Note: I'm most certainly not complaining, I live being buried in posts.)

Minerva> I hope your move goes well! I agree with the gender balance comment, would be nice to have a well rounded crew. More aliens wouldn't hurt either. ;)

USS Minoru NCC-64306

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]