View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:52 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Welcome! 
Author Message
Commanding Officer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 27
Post Welcome!
Hey, everyone! Welcome to Minoru. I'll get introductions started; feel free to share as much or as little about yourselves as you like.

I'm Clay, and I'll be your captain on this three hour to- ahem, voyage to boldly go where no one (except possibly some Romulans) has gone before. I'm a new hand at being a simm CO but I've got a fair amount of RP/simming experience behind me, including brief time on the USS Mariner and USS Taurus here at Horizon Fleet. I just finished my Master of Library Science degree this spring and I'm currently out looking for a job. I grew up on Trek and plenty of other Sci-Fi - Babylon 5, Farscape, and Stargate just to name a few, so I suppose you could say I'm a life-long geek. My hobbies include reading, RPing, and playing the occasional Battletech game. There's not a lot else to say right now, but I'm sure more will come up as we go along.

I'm glad to have you all here and look forward to getting to know you.

_________________
Commander Ashton Griffith
Commanding Officer, USS Minoru


Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Former Crew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Thornton, CO: USA
Post Re: Welcome!
Hey hey hey! My real name is Vince, but more commonly referred to as Sampy within the online RPG scene (please feel free to call me Vince, or Sampy if you'd like). I've been participating in the online Star Trek universe for well over sixteen years and have garnered a great deal of experience in doing so. I've had the privilege of writing for pretty much any position you could think of ranging from Chief of the Boat all the way up and to Task Force Executive Officer; however, my passion departments are Command, Security and Engineering.

In real life, I dedicate the vast majority of my time as a Leasing Specialist for a luxury apartment home community located in Thornton, Colorado. Having devoted over two years to this position, I'm planning on garnering a bit more experience before taking on a joint venture in real estate with a good friend and work peer.

In my spare time, I enjoy a plethora of different activities including, but not limited to,

Vince's Facebook wrote:
Blogging and Writing, Community theater, Cooking, Listening to Music, Attending Concerts and Watching Movies, Hiking, Walking, Biking and Camping, Getting Together With Friends and Family, Reading, The Performing and Visual Arts, Baseball, Basketball and Soccer, Civil Rights, Public Relations and World Affairs, Property management, Video and Board Games, Fraternity Life, Animals, Microbreweries.


I have two 13-year old Pugs named Biscuit and Mr. Bailey and live in a beautiful flat in downtown Thornton.

Well, I suppose that's all for now! HAHA! If you're at all interested in adding me as a friend on Facebook (for those whom use such sites), please feel free to look me up (http://www.facebook.com/cuzinvinnie01).

So then, /me turns the tables on each of you, what about y'all?! Who do I have the pleasure of writing with?!

~Vince

_________________
Image
Arunjezeb Ameen
Chief Engineering Officer, Starfleet's Corps. of Engineers (SCE)
USS Minoru, NCC-64306

Image
David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet


Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 am
Posts: 6
Location: Twisp, WA USA
Post Re: Welcome!
Hello all,
My name is Clayton and will go by that to avoid confusion. :)
I'll be playing Marcus Niveda, he is the third Ops chief I've played over my brief Simming 'career'. I've been a member of a few different fleets and have been at this stuff off and on for a few years, more so in the last year. Aside from Trek I also enjoy a broad range of Sci-Fi shows, books etc. B5, Firefly, Farscape, Stargate and some oldies such as Seaquest(yeah, I bet you forgot about Seaquest!).

I'm twenty seven years old and have lived in Washington state my whole life, I grew up in Seattle and have since moved to the sunny east side of the state.
Not satisfied with doing one particular thing I work a range of jobs part time including Cooking, Driving and Maintenance.
When I'm not here I'm on my bike in the hills or with my dogs usually, I enjoy the outdoors immensely and try to take as much of it in as I can.

_________________
Lieutenant Commander
Marcus Niveda
Chief of Operations
USS Minoru NCC-64306


Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:03 am
Profile YIM
Former Crew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Thornton, CO: USA
Post Re: Welcome!
It's a pleasure to meet you Clayton! :) I look forward to our writing with one another; look at the Minoru, it already has its Chief Operations Officer and Chief Engineering Officer ... our ability to manipulate the power will be unstoppable! :twisted: Tehehehe, just joking ... mostly! So, we have a Clay and a Clayton ... this is going to be AWESOME! 8-)

Take care, Vince

_________________
Image
Arunjezeb Ameen
Chief Engineering Officer, Starfleet's Corps. of Engineers (SCE)
USS Minoru, NCC-64306

Image
David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet


Last edited by Ameen on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Executive Officer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Welcome!
Greetings Gentlemen!

As you may or may not have heard, I am Lieutenant Commander Mark Anderson, recently assigned as Executive Officer of the USS Minoru. Let me say, I truly consider it an honor to be stationed aboard a vessel with such a dignified service record and I look forward to working with you all in the days, weeks, and months to come. If ever you need anything, please just let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Respectfully,

_________________
Lieutenant Commander Mark Anderson
Executive Officer
USS Minoru


Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:42 pm
Profile
Former Crew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Thornton, CO: USA
Post Re: Welcome!
Anderson wrote:
Greetings Gentlemen!

As you may or may not have heard, I am Lieutenant Commander Mark Anderson, recently assigned as Executive Officer of the USS Minoru. Let me say, I truly consider it an honor to be stationed aboard a vessel with such a dignified service record and I look forward to working with you all in the days, weeks, and months to come. If ever you need anything, please just let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Respectfully,


Hey there Mark! Welcome to the Minoru! It's absolutely fantastic to have another dedicated writer join the fold, so-to-speak. :) So, tell us a little bit more about yourself; what sort of experience do you have and what drew you to the Minoru? Are you a Sci-fi enthusiast or completely dedicated to Star Trek? Stuff like that, ya' know?! :P

_________________
Image
Arunjezeb Ameen
Chief Engineering Officer, Starfleet's Corps. of Engineers (SCE)
USS Minoru, NCC-64306

Image
David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet


Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Executive Officer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Welcome!
Hmm...I assume that you are looking for more of an Out-of-Character response to that question.

Iluvar is my most commonly used online persona, a connection strengthened by the fact that he was my first "true" simming character and the oldest one that I maintain within Horizon Fleet. I joined simming and Horizon Fleet in December 2007, when I applied and was accepted to command the USS Tethys. Since that time, I've expanded my character base to include the following:

Playing Characters
Captain Iluvar - Commanding Officer, USS Pandora
Commander Arthur Richardson - Executive Officer, Starbase 386
Commander Tobias Naros - Executive Officer, USS Orlando
Lieutenant JG Aaron Masterson - Chief Security/Tactical Officer, USS Malinche

Staff Characters (NPCs)
Rear Admiral Andrew Hawkins - Judge Advocate-General, Horizon Fleet
Captain Lorian Tharos - Information Services Coordinator, Horizon Fleet

I am most certainly a fan of Star Trek in its many incarnations, but I also have a fond taste for several varieties of the Science Fiction/Fantasy genres. So far, I have only been involved in Star Trek simming to this point, mostly because I do not want to detract from the characters and positions that I already hold here in Horizon Fleet.

I was drawn to the Minoru for several reasons. The first was that I had served with Griffith (under a different character) aboard both the Mariner and Taurus simms and found him to be a most inspiring writer to work with. In addition, I was amazed and intrigued by both the quality of the site and the inspiration of the mission and plot ideas for the Minoru. Being that I already had the character of Mark Anderson in reserve, I decided that I would apply for the position of Executive Officer.

_________________
Lieutenant Commander Mark Anderson
Executive Officer
USS Minoru


Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:06 pm
Profile
Former Crew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Thornton, CO: USA
Post Re: Welcome!
Anderson wrote:
Hmm...I assume that you are looking for more of an Out-of-Character response to that question.

Iluvar is my most commonly used online persona, a connection strengthened by the fact that he was my first "true" simming character and the oldest one that I maintain within Horizon Fleet. I joined simming and Horizon Fleet in December 2007, when I applied and was accepted to command the USS Tethys. Since that time, I've expanded my character base to include the following:

Playing Characters
Captain Iluvar - Commanding Officer, USS Pandora
Commander Arthur Richardson - Executive Officer, Starbase 386
Commander Tobias Naros - Executive Officer, USS Orlando
Lieutenant JG Aaron Masterson - Chief Security/Tactical Officer, USS Malinche

Staff Characters (NPCs)
Rear Admiral Andrew Hawkins - Judge Advocate-General, Horizon Fleet
Captain Lorian Tharos - Information Services Coordinator, Horizon Fleet

I am most certainly a fan of Star Trek in its many incarnations, but I also have a fond taste for several varieties of the Science Fiction/Fantasy genres. So far, I have only been involved in Star Trek simming to this point, mostly because I do not want to detract from the characters and positions that I already hold here in Horizon Fleet.

I was drawn to the Minoru for several reasons. The first was that I had served with Griffith (under a different character) aboard both the Mariner and Taurus simms and found him to be a most inspiring writer to work with. In addition, I was amazed and intrigued by both the quality of the site and the inspiration of the mission and plot ideas for the Minoru. Being that I already had the character of Mark Anderson in reserve, I decided that I would apply for the position of Executive Officer.


Wowies! That's quite a 'resume' you have there. Longevity with a fleet is a rarity among simming fleets as of these days ... so it's nice to have an individual such as yourself with your caliber of skills and experience with use. Like Clay and Clayton, I look forward to writing with you. I, myself, have been attempting to become a little bit more involved with Horizon Fleet. I registered for the forums several days ago, but my account is still inactive (awaiting Admin activation); hopefully, once that's all set up, I can start attending the Horizon Fleet Academy and become more involved in the Academy itself after graduating. :)

_________________
Image
Arunjezeb Ameen
Chief Engineering Officer, Starfleet's Corps. of Engineers (SCE)
USS Minoru, NCC-64306

Image
David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet


Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm
Posts: 17
Post Re: Welcome!
Hi, I've been going by the name Quin online for well over a decade, but I suppose you may as well call me Minerva here. (Or Counselor, or Lieutenant, or, for that matter, Doctor.) In "real life", I'm just finishing up grad school- which isn't for counseling, but is in a related field. I've been in various corners of fandom for what thirteen years now? Mostly reading and writing fanfiction, but various other things as well. My nerdy interests include Star Trek (mostly TOS and Voyager, but also some NextGen and the movies), some Stargate, the Matrix movies, Dark Angel, LOTR (of course) and a whole slew of books- Heinlein, Gaiman, Card (before he went off the rails), Sagan and Herbert are all old favorites.

I've done some freeform RP before, but nothing in this regimented of a setting. I was looking around for a Star Trek based RP to join when Clay (who I'm probably going to accidentally refer to as Sly on occasion) mentioned this place, and after going through the HF website it looked just right. Looking forward to writing with you all!

_________________
Lieutenant Minerva Conway
Chief Counselor, USS Minoru


Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:55 pm
Profile
Former Crew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Thornton, CO: USA
Post Re: Welcome!
Minerva Conway wrote:
Hi, I've been going by the name Quin online for well over a decade, but I suppose you may as well call me Minerva here. (Or Counselor, or Lieutenant, or, for that matter, Doctor.) In "real life", I'm just finishing up grad school- which isn't for counseling, but is in a related field. I've been in various corners of fandom for what thirteen years now? Mostly reading and writing fanfiction, but various other things as well. My nerdy interests include Star Trek (mostly TOS and Voyager, but also some NextGen and the movies), some Stargate, the Matrix movies, Dark Angel, LOTR (of course) and a whole slew of books- Heinlein, Gaiman, Card (before he went off the rails), Sagan and Herbert are all old favorites.

I've done some freeform RP before, but nothing in this regimented of a setting. I was looking around for a Star Trek based RP to join when Clay (who I'm probably going to accidentally refer to as Sly on occasion) mentioned this place, and after going through the HF website it looked just right. Looking forward to writing with you all!


Welcome on board the Min, Min. HAHAHA! Did you see what I did right there?! :-P LOL! No, seriously, welcome on board ... it's great to have you with us!

_________________
Image
Arunjezeb Ameen
Chief Engineering Officer, Starfleet's Corps. of Engineers (SCE)
USS Minoru, NCC-64306

Image
David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet


Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 pm
Posts: 9
Post Re: Welcome!
Howdy!

I've never picked one up that's stuck, so I'll go by Paran here. I know Minerva in real life, and so it's her fault that I'm here. I've done some face-to-face RP, but never done anything like this before, but it sounds fun, so I'll give it a shot.

My first exposure to Star Trek was, strangely enough, the animated series from Saturday mornings, back when I was a kid. I then graduated to Next Generation/DS9, but have enjoyed all the series so far (even Enterprise). I do tech support for a living. Well, I think that about covers it. I look forward to this!

_________________
Captain Paran th'Daras
Federation Marines
CO of Marine Detachment to USS Minoru


Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile
Senior Staff
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm
Posts: 17
Post Re: Welcome!
Welcome aboard, Paran, glad you could make it. Best of luck keeping those energetic and deeply absurd Marines of ours in order.

_________________
Lieutenant Minerva Conway
Chief Counselor, USS Minoru


Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile
Former Crew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Thornton, CO: USA
Post Re: Welcome!
Welcome on board the Min, Paran; it's great to have you with us! :-)

_________________
Image
Arunjezeb Ameen
Chief Engineering Officer, Starfleet's Corps. of Engineers (SCE)
USS Minoru, NCC-64306

Image
David Richards
Instructor, Starfleet Academy

Starfleet's 8th Fleet, codenamed Horizon Fleet


Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:32 am
Posts: 4
Post Re: Welcome!
Hi everyone! I am a friend of Minerva and Paran, so you can blame them for getting me involved ;) I have been enjoying reading the posts so far and getting caught up on the mission. I'm glad I seem to have gotten on board before too much has happened.

My name is Edward and I will be playing Gaius Plinius Caepio, the Chief Science Officer. Although the manifest states that he is human, that is not exactly accurate. He is a Magna Roman, a native of planet 892-IV as featured in the TOS episode "Bread and Circuses." I don't think it's ever clearly established whether they were transplanted by the Preservers or whether they are an alien species that happened to evolve on almost exactly the same trajectory as Terrans. But we'll assume for the sake of argument that he is physiologically human in most ways. As far as his being a member of Starfleet, it has been established non-canonically (in the ST:TNG novel, The Captain's Honor) that Magna Roma had a revolution a few years after the Enterprise 1701 visited, reestablished the Republic, and eventually joined the Federation. I am also assuming that the Children of the Son are no longer being officially persecuted, although Gaius Plinius and the majority of the planet still practice the Roman religion. One other note about his name which I'll probably also mention in-character: more than 90% of Romans used the same 17 first names, so he is used to being called Gaius Plinius by familiars to distinguish him from all the other Gaiuses they know. In Starfleet, however, he has gotten used to being called either Lt. Caepio (his last name is quite distinctive) or just Gaius.

A little bit about myself, OOC: I have been a Star Trek fan since about 5th grade, starting with the original movies and TNG, but I have watched at least some of all the series. I have played a ST simm once, briefly, but I have been playing ST: Online off and on since it came out, so if anyone else is playing that, PM me if you want to play together sometime. I also like many other manifestations of sci-fi and fantasy, most notably Doctor Who (and, yes, Star Wars, although Star Trek will always be #1 for me). I will also say that I am another library person; I am getting pretty close to the end of my degree and working in my local public library.

I'm looking forward to 'Trekking' with all of you.

---
Lieutenant Gaius Plinius Caepio
Chief Science Officer
U.S.S. Minoru


Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile
Senior Staff
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm
Posts: 17
Post Re: Welcome!
I'm glad this worked out, Gaius! Welcome aboard.

_________________
Lieutenant Minerva Conway
Chief Counselor, USS Minoru


Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.